[ros-kernel] quick floppy update

Gge gerard.gatineau at laposte.net
Tue Jun 22 22:58:14 CEST 2004

Vizzini wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-06-20 at 05:18, Ge van Geldorp wrote:
>
>>>From: Vizzini
>>>
>>>It doesn't look like ROS is handling the volume mount
>>>protocol quite the same way as 2k+ (IOCTLS in a slightly
>>>different order or something - not sure yet), so that needs
>>>to be troubleshot before the thing will actually drive floppies.
>>
>>Filip asked me (he's having a mail problem) to inform everyone that the
>>floppy driver should work now.
>

> There seems to be a mount protocol problem in the fat driver.  I need to
> get in and really understand it, but I'm getting IOCTLs in the wrong
> order, and I think the assumptions the fat driver is making are wrong.
> I'm going to take a look at it more over the next few days, but
> meanwhile, has anyone successfully tested the floppy driver?  I doubt
> it, but different hardware could make the driver respond differently.
>
> I am, in general, interested in debug output, if you happen to get
> around to testing.
>
> Thanks.
>
>  -Vizzini

Hi Vizzini,

I made some testing with a Reactos build from CVS on June 20.

1) Disk drive A: is not displayed by Explorer

2) DIR A: does not work correctly.

- First I made DIR A: with a freeldr diskette .
   =>  I got 3 files ( freeldr.ini , ..) = OK

- Then I insert another diskette with a different content .
   => I got the same 3 files of freeldr diskette !!!!!
=> Attached the Debug messages

floppy: HwTurnOnMotor: writing byte 0x1c to offset 0x2
floppy: HwDiskChanged: read 0x0 from DIR
floppy: HdDiskChanged - PS2 - returning FALSE
floppy: IOCTL_DISK_GET_DRIVE_GEOMETRY Called
floppy: ioctl: completing with status 0x0
floppy: StopMotor called
CSQ: Acquiring spin lock
CSQ: Inserting IRP 0xc150deb0
CSQ: Releasing spin lock
floppy: QueueThread: servicing an IRP
CSQ: Acquiring spin lock
CSQ: Peeking for next IRP
CSQ: Removing IRP 0xc150deb0
CSQ: Releasing spin lock
floppy: DeviceIoctl called
floppy: StartMotor called
floppy: HwTurnOnMotor: writing byte 0x1c to offset 0x2
floppy: HwDiskChanged: read 0x0 from DIR
floppy: HdDiskChanged - PS2 - returning FALSE
floppy: IOCTL_DISK_CHECK_VERIFY called
floppy: ioctl: completing with status 0x0
floppy: StopMotor called
floppy: MotorStopDpcFunc called
floppy: HwTurnOffMotor: writing byte 0xc to offset 0x4000020

Regards
Gerard