[ros-kernel] RE: [ros-cvs] CVS Update: reactos

Hartmut Birr Hartmut.Birr at gmx.de
Sat Jun 26 01:15:51 CEST 2004

Hi,

the first paragraph of each M$ EULA says what you can do with the software.
This one comes from the w2kddk:

1. GRANT OF LICENSE.  This EULA grants you the following rights:

. a. SOFTWARE PRODUCT. You may install and use an unlimited number of copies
of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT on computers, including workstations, terminals or
other digital electronic devices ("COMPUTERS") to design, develop and test
drivers for use with Microsoft Windows 2000, Windows 98, Windows 98, Second
Edition, and Windows Millennium Edition operating systems ("Drivers").

This one is from the IFS kit:

1. GRANT OF LICENSE. This EULA grants you the following rights:

. a. SOFTWARE PRODUCT. You may install and use one copy of the SOFTWARE
PRODUCT on a single computer, including workstations, terminals or other
digital electronic devices to design, develop and test for your internal use
on your premises the file system drivers, file system filter drivers, local
(media-based) file systems and remote (network redirector) file systems
("IFS Drivers") for use with Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional, Microsoft
Windows 2000 Server, Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Microsoft
Windows 2000 Datacenter Server, Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows XP
Service Pack 1, Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition, Microsoft
Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition, and Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Datacenter Edition operating system products (each an "OS Product"). You may
reproduce, license and distribute the IFS Code as part of the IFS Drivers in
object code form only to your end users, provided you first obtain a valid
digital signature from Microsoft for the IFS Drivers pursuant to any
additional instructions in the SOFTWARE PRODUCT and you comply with the
Redistribution Requirements described below.

M$ says exactly for what you can use the DDK or IFS kit.

The first EULA comes from an old M$ web page which was in the google cache.
The second is from the M$ IFS web page.

- Hartmut