[ros-kernel] Re: [ros-general] Abiword 2.0.4pre fails

Gge gerard.gatineau at laposte.net
Wed Mar 3 07:45:41 CET 2004

Kenneth J. Davis wrote:

>..
>

>>I am using Ros 0.2.1 from CVS dated 29022004 (fresh build from today)
>>When I run  "abiword-setup-2-0-3.exe " from CMD window  , a message box
>>is diplayed "Verifying installer 9%"
>>After 1 hour , still this same messagebox "9%" .
>>

>Then AbiWord never even started.  Do other NSIS v2 based
>installers work?  The AbiWord installer uses several NSIS
>plugins, such as to check internet connection, etc. and
>has been reported to fail on Windows 95 without IE.
>
>If you want to test AbiWord, try running just the executable,
>http://abiword.pchasm.org/builds/nightly/win32/AbiWord.exe
>or for latest Stable build
>http://abiword.pchasm.org/builds/nightly/win32/ABI-2-0-0-STABLE/VC6SP5/AbiWord.exe
>
>If it makes it easier and you want the extra files (help, etc)
>I can probably add a zip install method for AbiWord.
>
>As for the timer issue, for testing purposes, a simple fix
>of ignoring the timer callback if abi's timer object is disabled
>may suffice for a more graceful failure.  I will see about
>adding a zip build of AbiWord with a timer workaround tommorrow
>to http://abiword.pchasm.org/builds/periodic/ if anyone with
>ROS installed wants to try it.
>
>(I generally provide the Win32 builds of AbiWord)
>
>Jeremy Davis
>jeremyd at computer.org

I have downloaded the abiword204.zip  prerelease available for testing
with reactos.
I have tested this new abiword version in real hardware  but abiword
fails to load due to a bugcheck in Win32K.
The bug233 has benn  created for this problem.

Note : As long as abiword is not started by double clicking on
abiword.exe  ,, the registry was not updated.

Regards
Gerard