[ros-kernel] MmMapLockedPages patch review

Filip Navara xnavara at volny.cz
Sat Mar 6 22:36:00 CET 2004

Casper Hornstrup wrote:

> Hi all.
> I'm trying to implement the last case of MmMapLockedPages. Hartmut,
> David, other developers
> with knowledge of the memory manager, could you please comment on this
> patch? Will it do the
> job it is supposed to?
>
> Casper

I haven't the necessary knowledge, but after some talk on IRC I'm
convinced that this patch can't do the job. It will return address that
is higher than MiMdlMappingRegionBase, which means it will not be
accessible in the user mode. Shouldn't each process have it's own MDL
mapping region in it's address space that will be used for this?

Regards,
Filip