[ros-kernel] MmMapLockedPages patch review

Hartmut Birr hartmut.birr at gmx.de
Sat Mar 6 23:02:02 CET 2004

I'm not sure but I think that the patch isn't correct. The parameter
AccessMode means, from where the pages must be accessible. For
AccessMode = UserMode, MmMapLockedPages must do the reverse part as for
KernelMode. This means, Mdl->MappedSystemVa should be a valid kernel
address and MmMapLockedPages must lock the pages and fill in
Mdl->StartVa with a user mode address from the current process. Some
parts of the mdl functions are a little bit dirty. They must be fixed
previously. The current implementation of the cache manager uses some
flags/values from a mdl in a wrong way.

- Hartmut