[ros-kernel] (no subject)

KJK::Hyperion noog at libero.it
Sun Mar 7 16:27:44 CET 2004

At 15.23 07/03/2002, you wrote:
>Hello all, because reactos is an operating system that executes windows
>programs, will React OS, be putting out say React OS CE, React OS Server,
>ReactOS Advanced Server???

well, ReactOS CE will have to be a project on its own, because Windows CE
is a completely different kernel (with its own driver model, too) that just
happens to implement part of the Win32 API, and it will have to face
competition not only from Windows CE, but also from MicroWindows (different
kernel, same concept), both of them being mature and open source. The
Server editions are just a matter of time and maturity, but they will come.
Our main concern is the desktop, at the moment, but I (and surely several
others) believe that nothing technical prevents Windows-like systems from
being excellent servers, and I hope ReactOS will live to prove it