[ros-kernel] Subversion

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 7 16:52:16 CET 2004

Hello,
--- Thomas Weidenmueller <thomas at reactsoft.com> wrote:
> I've had some time and converted the reactos and freeldr repository
> subversion (it took me 13:30 hours on a P2 with 400mhz).
> cvs2svn still doesn't handle ascii files properly (that makes
> line-breaks in text files unix-like) so i think once this is fixed,
> we
> could switch to subversion.

After talking with the subversion developers and Alexandre from Wine I
am having my doubts about moving to it. While some of the new feature
such as atomic commits are nice additions, I dont know if its worth the
trouble. Merging/Branching is only as good or in some cases worse than
CVS.

Thanks
Steven