[ros-kernel] WinCE application support for WINE and ReactOS

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 7 16:57:50 CET 2004

--- Aliberti Emanuele <ea at iol.it> wrote:
> I want to express my (humble) opinion about that "subsystem ID"
> (well,
> the "what-the-hell-is-it-for? subsystem ID"). I think ReactOS
> shouldn't
> ignore it like NT doesn't. I don't know about WinE, maybe their goal
> is
> a Win32 emulator only. To make a long story short, I simply underline
>
> one item: that field is the only new thing NT actually had.

I agree we shouldnt ignore it. I think we should infact detect it and
use that to help us develop code to handle differnt types of apps such
as WinCE, XBox and whatever else Microsoft wants to come up with. In
short I think we should try and make ReactOS a better Windows than
Windows and work on getting more developers involved by providing at
least some basic support for loading these apps.

Thanks
Steven