[ros-kernel] CVS

Aleksey Bragin aleksey at studiocerebral.com
Mon Mar 8 23:20:44 CET 2004

Run WinCVS, choose Admin menu, there Preferences, there in General tab:
CVSROOT:
:pserver:fireball at osexperts.com:/CVS/ReactOS
(should be like :pserver:cvsanon at ..... for anonymous access)
Authentication: passwd file on server
Usse version - cvs 1.10 (Standard)

Globals Tab: Check only: Supply control files, Use TCP/IP compr (9), Dirty
files support, Prune empty dirs.
WinCVS - there you should point WinCVS to some folder, where it will store
your settings. Has nothing to do with any modules you checkout - it just
stores settings.

Then you click OK, then Admin -> Login, enter password (cvsanon
AFAIRemember), and you're logged in now.
First time - checkout the module: Create -> Checkout -> module name =
reactos, local folder to checkout - pay attention to this, all files will be
downloaded to this dir\reactos (i.e. you enter c:\reactos, and you will have
source files in c:\reactos\reactos --- since reactos is a module name).

Then, every time you would just need to right click on this reactos folder
in the left tree, and choose Update Selection, and (!!!) always check two
items in the opened dialog - Reset any sticky date/..... _and_ Create
Missing Dirs.

Ok, tell me if you have problems with it.

With the best regards,
Aleksey Bragin.
P.S. I have never tried Tortoise CVS, but from all ppl who used it I hear
only positive feedback.