[ros-kernel] Subversion

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 9 11:28:15 CET 2004

Hi Jason,

I dont think it invalidates the other improvements, just that it might
be more trouble than it is worth at this point. I do like it better
than CVS from what little I have played with it. I am just thinking
about the ammount of work in moving and changing documentation and
tools for svn might not make it that much better. If we move to it I
wont object though. =)

As for merging/branching I dont have any hard examples of where it
might be worse other than dicussions I have had with subversion
developers on #svn. Give it a shot, I have not had a lot of time to
play with it.

> Why does one feature that is not any better than CVS invalidate other
> features that are? Better merging/branching are to be looked at for
> the next release anyway. What are the examples were it is worse at
> merging/branching?

Thanks
Steven