[ros-kernel] Re: CreateCompatibleBitmap patch (fixes bug 244)

Andrew Greenwood lists at silverblade.co.uk
Wed Mar 10 12:21:22 CET 2004

> > The bug report says that the bitmap should be initialized with the
> > background color, which is not necessarily all zeroes.

The bug report did say that. I shall look into this and correct if
necessary.

> I thought, new bitmaps are always filled black (-> zeros) in Windows NT
> and upwards?

IIRC, Windows 2000 at least just fills the bitmap with black. I've often
worked with double-buffering, and even when just blitting a bitmap that has
nothing in it, it's still completely black. But then, I never set the
background brush beforehand...

Anyone else have a definite answer?

-Andrew