[ros-kernel] C++

Aliberti Emanuele ea at iol.it
Thu Mar 11 00:06:31 CET 2004

<flame mode="off">
<humbleopinion>
I read many - I mean many - messages, articles, papers about C versus
C++ in OS kernels. There are arguments ranging from philosophical to
microcode ones. The only one that actually ever convinced me could
probably be named after "Alice Through the Looking-glass", or "Matrix".
That is kernel mode programmers prefer C because they see through it.
There are kernel mode programmers that can see what the processor state
is at every line they write. In short, they prefer C, because C is a
stenographic assembly, or a shaped hex dump.
</humbleopinion>
</flame>