[ros-kernel] Process scheduler / timer resolution

KJK::Hyperion noog at libero.it
Sat Mar 13 16:53:54 CET 2004

At 15.11 13/03/2004, you wrote:
>>never heard about it. I'm not even sure of what does "ISA" mean
>For someone that knows it all I cant see how you dont know what ISA is.

I know zero about hardware, and I hate having anything to do with it.
That's why I'm so obsessed with hotplugging and ACPI. Push button ->
computer turns on. Push button again -> computer turns off. Plug USB thingy
in -> it works. Whenever people talks about hardware near me, I feel itchy

>It was only the standard for like 15 years.

I bought my first (and current) computer in 1999. I'm told it has only one
ISA slot (the shortest one, right?), and IIRC it's unused. Now can we
please stop talking about hardware? :-)