[ros-kernel] Re: Images and Icons

Martin Fuchs martin-fuchs at gmx.net
Sat Mar 13 21:16:06 CET 2004

> Is there a file where all of the bitmaps and icons are stored in React Os? I
> was looking trough the directories and i didn't seem to find anything. The
> only explination i could possibly give is that the Wine Code is generating
> them upon every boot. I don't think that is the best way to do it, what if
> somebody wants to change them later? They should be stored within a file
> like icons.dll or icon.icl, depending upon what people like to do...

No, there is no file containing all bitmaps and icons.
They are spread into each executable. So nearly every program has its
own icon stored in as "resource" in its executable.
For example Explorer contains some additional icons to display them
in the start menu. But that's not all - it also uses a few icons of SHELL32DLL.

So if you want to change the whole look and feel of ReactOS you have to
look into many different places.

Regards,

   Martin