[ros-kernel] Process scheduler / timer resolution

tmassey at obscorp.com tmassey at obscorp.com
Sat Mar 13 18:07:56 CET 2004

ros-kernel-bounces at reactos.com wrote on 03/13/2004 04:59:12 PM:

> Matt wrote:
>
> >...(more mumbling here)...darn rich bastards (mumble mumble) could
> never afford a 24 pin printer, only had me a 12 pin...btw, I also
> have an 8088 box lying around somewhere I may break out to reminisce.
> >

> LOL! Maybe this part of the thread should be renamed, "Attention!
> Calling all fossils! Please report to the ROS list now."

My first IBM-compatible computer (which replaced my Commodore VIC-20) was a
Tandy 1000 HX:  CGA (actually Tandy graphics), 256 kilobytes of RAM, no
hard drive, low-density 3.5" floppy, proprietary slots for expensive cards
(ISA, but with different connectors) and it hooked up to a television.  My
brother and I had to save up for about six months to be able to afford a
Panasonic KX-P1180 9-pin dot matrix.  Now that was a *heck* of a printer!
:)

The sad part is, I'm "only" 27.  Does that *really* make me a fossil?

Tim Massey