[ros-kernel] Process scheduler / timer resolution

Wesley Parish wes.parish at paradise.net.nz
Mon Mar 15 00:22:43 CET 2004

First PC was a definitely secodn-hand DEC Rainbow; thankfully the next was a
hand-me-down XT from the local Uni; next one was a honest-to-goodness 486 and
I thought I was the bee's knees!

Took for ever to get a decent OS for it - OS/2, of course, and then IBM played
fast and loose with developing apps for it, so it wasn't quite as good as I'd
hoped.

The only NT I ever tried installing was a superannuated copy of WinNT 3.51 -
installed fine, but 8 MB just wasn't enough!