[ros-kernel] Application Compatibility List

Waldo Alvarez Cañizares wac at lab.matcom.uh.cu
Mon Mar 15 15:42:49 CET 2004

Hi Andrew:

Yes Winzip32.exe checks all it's files at startup (it even checks the presence of the .txt s). That's the first file it checks the version. It uses VerQueryValueExA from version.dll to load some version strings from it's dlls and compares that string with some strings it has stored internally. The current version.dll we have in ReactOS (maybe in Wine since that code was taken from there and as I could see there was a comment telling it was untested) returns an empty string and of course WinZip does not like it (is not an antipiracy measure, WinZip does not checks itself against modification, In fact there is not protection at all inside it althought it contains a lot of debugging information, is just a countermeasure to find if there there was a previous installation and those dlls where not updated). I know that fixing it is provably important, but right now I'm in the middle of some things I would like to finish. If nobody fix them, I'll do it but after finishing those other things that I have almost finished (3 big ones) Maybe will take me about 1 week each one if I can find the time and of course I'm not even sure about that.

Best Regards
Waldo Alvarez