[ros-kernel] Application Compatibility List

robert K. rob at koepferl.de
Mon Mar 15 23:34:51 CET 2004

Waldo Alvarez Cañizares wrote:
> Hi Steven:
>
> Is there something that needs to be adapted? I have plans to write some other tests in the future (even Kernel Mode Regression tests) and I would like to do them the proper way. I believe tests are very important to prevent things that already work from breaking without even notice it, and that after that, code gets written based on the broken parts of the system, making fixes take a lot more effort. However I'm thinking in taking the testing to higher levels. I mean one single program to test all things in reactos (I mean running a program in reactos that tests everything testable and generates a report of the failures). I'm thinking about some kind of meta language (at least for user mode tests) that could let me add tests very easily.
>
> something like
>
> Take function X from Z dll
> Use this parameters
> I you don't get this Y results then it is broken <-- This is the hard part that I still have to mature.

write that in the "modelling language" C(++)

It's just as of how you look at something.
As Marc says, look for c(pp)Unit. This Unit frameworks exist for nearly
all languages. For your case I think you have to extend this framework
in a way that it uses multiple processes.
So if a syscall or lib is broken and the app crashes, one can still
discover which part (exe) brake ant thus which functionality is broken.
Maybe open a file for shared writing...