[ros-kernel] Linux TCP...

Tobias Ussing tobias at seriesdb.com
Thu Mar 18 05:08:21 CET 2004

On Thursday 18 March 2004 04:49, Rick Langschultz wrote:
> I am trying to write a tcp/ip driver for reactos? Can vizz or anyone get
> me some info, what was the first linux os to support tcp/ipv4? What
> should the compiled version be named, because Microsoft uses messed up
> naming in their dlls exes, etc. Thanks, I know, you can't compile linux
> stuff in reactos, I am just using as a "framework" because I think linux
> is pretty stable in its tcp protocol so I want to port to windows, just
> as long as I could be done. Another question is should I include code in
> the driver to recognize devices such as ne2000 compatibles???, Thanks

The first linux os???

well, linux is an os, there is no first or last. it simply is.

The first linux version came when Linus Torwalds released the kernel back  in
1991. But, iirc, the kernel didn't have network support, much less tcpip.

If you look on google you should be able to find a history of the linux tcpip
implementation, and probalby also a version of the first iterations.

Sincerly
Tobias Ussing