[ros-kernel] Re: [ros-cvs] CVS Update: reactos

Shadow Flare blakflare at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 20 00:25:15 CET 2004

--- Filip Navara <xnavara at volny.cz> wrote:

[snip]

>- For David Welch, Jim Tabor and others trying to run W2K+ video drivers:
>
>  Add the "Enum" entry to registry for your video card. The video port
>driver now handles the W2K+ drivers more correctly, but that needs a proper
>detection by the underlying bus driver (PCI in our case). If the key isn't
>find the video port driver will try to revert to the NT4 behaviour, but
>that most likely will not work correctly. The registry entry should look
>like this:
>
>HKLM,"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_7205&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\0000","Service",0x00000000,"Via"

A related topic:  I noticed that there is a version of setupapi in the
reactos tree, but it is not currently compiled in the default build.  Does
it not compile properly yet?

I took a quick look through the one on wine cvs and InstallHinfSection looks
like it is at least partially done.  If enough of it is complete, it could
be used to install drivers from their inf files.  That would make most of
these preset registry settings unneccessary.

-ShadowFlare