[ros-kernel] BusLogic 958 SCSI miniport

Gunnar Dalsnes hardon at online.no
Tue Mar 23 20:19:31 CET 2004

> Haven't tried that yet. [The ReactOS got support for IDE with DMA
> recently thanks to Hartmut Birr, but the speed increase was marginal.]

Yeah, that's really strange. DMA vs. POI makes a big difference in real
windows so I suspect our implementation of this is not as good as it
could be.

I believe Hartmut was able to run the dma enabled driver on NT4? If so,
this would be the best place to benchmark/compare the driver and not on
ros. Ros may have other issues that makes things go slow.