[ros-kernel] Build system - edf files

Mike Nordell tamlin at algonet.se
Wed Mar 24 23:58:27 CET 2004

Ge van Geldorp wrote:

> I think the binutils options to investigate is --kill-at.

While it might be part of the solution, from the name of it I think it's
still just that; a part.

For an example of how (what I define a normative tool - msvc6) handles this,
you might want to have a look at ros CVS
    reactos/msvc6/def_converter/def_converter.cpp

The .def file it produces, when linked with Microsofts link.exe (that's why
I define it normative), produces the expected and required result. An
executable which exports only the plain, undercorated, symbol names, while
keeping the decorated symbol names in the generated import library (.lib)
file - and the mapping between the two.

/Mike