AW: [ros-kernel] IOMega Zip Drive

James Tabor jimtabor at adsl-64-217-116-74.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net
Thu Mar 25 05:40:40 CET 2004

Hi,

Yes, I created DiskUpdateRemovableMedia function that work only once (for now),
called in disk.c IOCTL_DISK_GET_PARTITION_INFO. After some research I think
I'm on the right track. Checks if Partition number is a zero, if so check to
see if it should Update Geometry. Than it calls DURM. I'm still putting the
puzzle together on how to autorun? the Media Change.

Hartmut Birr wrote:

>>Need this too /drivers/fs/vfat/fsctl.c, in VfatHasFileSystem,
>>add RemovableMedia,
>>
>>  if (DiskGeometry.MediaType == FixedMedia || RemovableMedia) <-----
>>    {
>>       // We have found a hard disk
>>       Size = sizeof(PARTITION_INFORMATION);
>>       Status = VfatBlockDeviceIoControl(DeviceToMount,
>>
>>IOCTL_DISK_GET_PARTITION_INFO,
>>                                         NULL,
>>                                         0,
>>                                         &PartitionInfo,
>>                                         &Size,
>>                                         FALSE);
>>

> Hi,
>
> vfatfs needs something like this. It needs also some more checks to
> determine if the first sector of a volumen is from a fat file system or
> not (currently not in my diff).
>
> - Hartmut

Again, Yes, need IOCTL_DISK_VERIFY or something like that. Still working it
out.

Thanks Hartmut,
James