[ros-kernel] 16-bit dos

Nate DeSimone desimn at rpi.edu
Thu Mar 25 11:09:23 CET 2004

>ReactOS is free software, you can do almost whatever you want with
>it. If you want to implement DOS APIs, knock yourself out. If there is
>the big need for it as many people has expressed there is, then there
>must be enough people wanting to do the work. What I am concern about
>is that adding support for DOS and Win16 may make ReactOS much more
>complex. If so, then I think that DOS and Win16 support should be a
>separate open source project with it's own version control repository.

I agree completely, no one is trying to prevent you from using the DOS
programs that you want to on ReactOS, its just no one who is currently
working on ReactOS feels like implementing support for it at the
moment.  However if anyone wants to write code for DOS support then go
right ahead, just understand that it probably will not merged into
ReactOS CVS anytime soon, if it becomes stable enough and elegant enough
and there is high demand for its inclusion then it might be.

Nate DeSimone