[ros-kernel] 16-bit dos

KJK::Hyperion noog at libero.it
Sat Mar 27 17:41:15 CET 2004

At 15.45 25/03/2004, you wrote:
>What I am concern about is that adding support for DOS and Win16 may make
>ReactOS much more complex.

The only part that would need to be added to ReactOS is the multiplexing of
interrupt handling (i.e. handling differently the same interrupts whether
they came from V86 mode or not). The rest, that is the actual meat of it
(DOS kernel, Windows API thunking, etc.), will all be in user mode and
possibly optional

>If so, then I think that DOS and Win16 support should be a separate open
>source project with it's own version control repository.

the kernel-mode part will have to be ours. Or we could extend the HAL (if
it doesn't allow it already) to make the VM pluggable