AW: [ros-kernel] 16-bit dos

Michael michael at fritscher.net
Sat Mar 27 21:20:12 CET 2004

The filesystem isn't really a big problem, as we can mount all drives
under the emulator as under the real hardware

The clipboard can be shared too, as VMware does, with a little program.
Registry could be done the same way, too.

What about a DDE-Gateway? Is that doable?

How important are other api-functions for communicating? Perhaps sharing
the msg-queue? If we really need this, we could change the api-functions
a little bit and add a gateway in the emulator.

And, a working emulator with sharing the filesystem and the clipboard
should be enough for over 99% of the cases, or? It is certainly better
than nothing and it should be much easier then using the ntvdm thing.

For DOS apps only the filesystem should be shared, so there should be
much less problems.