[ros-kernel] ScsiPort

Hartmut Birr Hartmut.Birr at gmx.de
Mon Mar 29 22:08:23 CEST 2004

Hi,

I've changed scsiport a little bit, that is now possible to process more
than one request at the same time if the miniport driver uses this
feature. I hope this works with some scsi controllers. Currently I've
tested the scsiport driver only with our atapi driver and with the NT4.0
driver for the promise Ultra100TX2 ide controller. Two restrictions in
my changes exist:
- The number of srb extensions is limited to 32 and the allocation/free
routine is very simple.
- It is not possible to use the notification types 'next request' and
'next lun request' at the same time.

It would make me happy, if someone (Filip, Eric, ..?) could test my
changes in vmware and with real hardware.

- Hartmut