[ros-kernel] Porting to gcc 3.4.0

Ge van Geldorp gvg at reactos.com
Mon May 10 21:34:10 CEST 2004

Thomas and I have been working on getting ReactOS to compile using the
brand-new gcc 3.4.0 (while still maintaining compatibility with gcc
3.3.1 ofcourse). It wasn't too difficult, but some changes have to be
made to the networking code. Although the changes are very simple, I'm
not familiar at all with that code and am not sure how to test the
changes. Would someone please review the attached patch?
Most of the changes fall into two categories:

Category 1:
Old code:
  UINT Var;
  (INT) Var = -1;

New code:
  UINT Var;
  Var = (UINT) -1;

Category 2:
Old code:
  typedef void STDCALL (*CALLBACKFUNC)(void);

New code:
  typedef void (STDCALL *CALLBACKFUNC)(void);

Thanks for checking, Gé van Geldorp.