[ros-kernel] Microsoft releases WTL as open source

Ge van Geldorp gvg at reactos.com
Fri May 14 15:25:42 CEST 2004

> From: Aleksey Bragin
> > Well, I've heard that CPL is incompatible with GPL, so we
> > can't use it :(
> >
> > Mark
>
> Can anyone clearly confirm can it be used in our project -
> with any or without restrictions?

>From http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html:

Common Public License Version 1.0
This is a free software license but it is incompatible with the GPL.
The Common Public License is incompatible with the GPL because it has
various specific requirements that are not in the GPL.

For example, it requires certain patent licenses be given that the GPL
does not require. (We don't think those patent license requirements are
inherently a bad idea, but nonetheless they are incompatible with the
GNU GPL.)

Ge van Geldorp.