[ros-kernel] Re: [ros-cvs] CVS Update: reactos

Thomas Weidenmueller thomas at reactsoft.com
Fri May 21 10:41:57 CEST 2004

Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:

> Moreover, since Wine runs a lot of large application suites (like
>
>MS Office (95/97/2000/XP), MS Project, Adobe Photoshop, Lotus Notes)
>Win32 API implementation in Wine should be used as a base even for
>kernel32/user32/gdi32 parts in ReactOS, not just user space parts.

no offence but reactos differs much in many parts, it's not possible to
share everything and also wine is not perfect. I don't know if this
particular change is correct or not, but since this application runs on
windows, there has got to be something done to the hinstance parameter
if it was null, i guess if windows doesn't change it, it only affects
searching registered classes.

Regards
Thomas