[ros-kernel] Re: [ros-cvs] CVS Update: reactos

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Fri May 21 22:44:19 CEST 2004

"Thomas Weidenmueller" <thomas at reactsoft.com> wrote:

> no offence but reactos differs much in many parts, it's not possible to
> share everything and also wine is not perfect.

Yes, Wine is not perfect. No offence intended, but when ReactOS will be able
to run at least MS Office XP then you could start comparing our implementations
and state that Wine is not perfect in comparison. Right now I'm afraid that
comparison is not on the ReactOS side, and just not using Wine source is plain
wrong and just a big mistake.

> I don't know if this
> particular change is correct or not, but since this application runs on
> windows, there has got to be something done to the hinstance parameter
> if it was null, i guess if windows doesn't change it, it only affects
> searching registered classes.

Since the application runs under Wine and (I bet) Wine test suite will not
pass with that cnange and Wine has no GetModuleHandle hack then it should be
obvious what implementation is wrong.

--
Dmitry.