[ros-kernel] Re: Tainted code in User32?

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Mon May 31 12:55:16 CEST 2004

Hi,

--- Jason Filby <jasonfilby at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I didn't realize that the issue being debated was whether or not
> reverse engineering is legal for our purposes or not. Its clearly
> best
> to avoid it - because even if some of us disagree on it now, it could

This is what I proposed last week but most of our developers do not
seem to want to adopt this stance. The 9th Circus court ruled that
disambly of objects was legal and fell under reverse engineering but I
dont not belive we should follow thier judgement as they are the most
overturned court in the US and that interpretation of the law could be
changed at any time.

Thanks
Steven