[ros-kernel] Re: Tainted code in User32?

Stephen Hodges theteofscuba at hotmail.com
Mon May 31 19:28:56 CEST 2004

The issue isn't over wether reverse engineering is legal or not and what purposes. It's about the fact that there is so much similarities and that there is so many duplicates. A reactOS DDK that is too different from Microsoft's would imply it's not compatible. If it was the same, that seems to be copyright infringement. It's the whole nature of the SCO crusade against Linux.

If the situation were different, and say, the APIs were like electrical sockets, and instead of copyright covering that, it's a patent. APIs aren't physical per se, so it falls under intellectual property. It's a doomed goal.