[ros-kernel] RE: [ros-cvs] CVS Update: reactos

Casper Hornstrup chorns at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Sep 10 12:49:32 CEST 2004

We need to have the WINE tests return with success or failure
instead of just writing to standard output (preferably with an
explanation in case of failure).

Initially I wanted to run the tests in a VM, but this has proven
to be too difficult to be practical. The new method I'm researching
is using mock objects, commonly used in embedded development when
an emulator is uavailable or impractical. Of course, ReactOS has a
lot of C code so I'll call them mock functions. I want to push for
us using more Extreme Programming methods and for this to be practical,
we need to dramatically lower the time needed to implement and test
a change. The current method, which is to reboot ReactOS to test the
change, is very slow. We need to be able to run the tests in the build
environment. Currently, gdiplus is the only test for which you can
do this. IIRC the target is "make runtest".

Casper