[ros-kernel] ReactOS 0.3.0 Release Plans

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 17 08:56:18 CEST 2004

Hi,
--- Ge van Geldorp <gvg at reactos.com> wrote:
> I know Art can speak for himself, and I know the above is not cast in
> stone, but still I feel the need to say that I think the combination
> you
> made above is not very good. It means you (we) are imposing a
> deadline
> on work being done by someone else (Art). I'm fine with saying we
> will
> ship 0.3 when networking is usable, I'm also fine with saying we will
> ship a release by the end of the year, but in my opinion we should
> just

I agree if networking is not ready then 0.3 is on hold. I talked with
Arty about it yesterday and he wants it to be ready before the end of
the year so the idea here is just to make a list of things we need/want
and try to break them out in to sub-tasks that we can all jump in on
and try and knock out. If we can break things up in to small enough
tasks or find the network projects that he does not want to do like TDI
we will be better able to find more people to jump in on the networking
bandwagon or find weekend coders for other small tasks.

To make it really clear, if Art or anyone else feels like we are
pushing then I am sending the wrong idea. I just want to make it easy
for us to get it done.

Thanks
Steven