[ros-kernel] TO arty re oskittcp - problematic stack variable found

Royce Mitchell III royce3 at ev1.net
Wed Sep 22 09:28:10 CEST 2004

Art,

I found the problematic stack variable...

Not surprisingly, it's our mbuf in OskitTCPSend().

I can't quite figure out how to properly allocate an mbuf and copy our
data into it ( the data is on the stack, too, so we have to make a copy
of it - besides, since OskitTCPSend() is our interface function, we
shouldn't make assumptions about the data's lifespan ).

Anyways, I have to quit here since I'm not sure how to fix it.

I think with this fix the tcp interface will work and more than likely
the "sometimes garbage" problems you've been experiencing will be
solved. If not, we can only be a couple days away at most (crosses fingers).

Royce3