[ros-kernel] MmProbeAndLockPages and MmNotPresentFault

art yerkes ayerkes at speakeasy.net
Thu Sep 23 20:38:58 CEST 2004

The call to MmNotPresentFault inside the MmLockAddressSpace/
MmUnlockAddressSpace pair in MmProbeAndLockPages always bugchecks reactos
because it also calls MmLockAddressSpace, which again tries to acquire
a spin lock which is already acquired.

At first glance, removing the MmLockAddressSpace would fix this on
uniprocessor but I'm really out of my element here.

Can somebody who knows the mm take a look at MmProbeAndLockPages in the
not-present case?  As far as I can tell it's OK for me to call it on
possibly-not-present pages from PASSIVE_LEVEL.
--
Hey, Adam Smith, keep your invisible hands to yourself!