[ros-kernel] 802.11 Wireless LAN support...

Alex Ionescu ionucu at videotron.ca
Fri Sep 24 11:40:29 CEST 2004

Jonathan,

Since 802.11 is still basically TCP/IP networking and follows the exact
same NDIS standards, nothing else is needed except the .sys driver. Of
course, you will still require user-mode DLLs/applications to
communicate with the card through the driver in order to set up WEP,
Channel, SSID, etc.

But for ReactOS to support WiFi, all we need is good NDIS support and
the ability to load the driver...everything else will be managed by the
driver/user-mode tools itself. OF course, we could implement Zero-Config
Wireless (maybe you were referring to that) to have a global way to
access/modify WiFi data, but I think that's a bit far off for us still :)

Best regards,
Alex Ionescu