[ros-kernel] Hummm

Andrew Greenwood lists at silverblade.co.uk
Fri Sep 24 22:38:50 CEST 2004

I don't really see what your point is.

Windows applications use the Win32 API.

NT has some additional functions that 9x doesn't.

Thus, 9x features a subset of the Win32 API.

Also, Windows 9x applications might want to do low-level stuff. In NT this
is done differently.

I could be wrong though.

But my point is: Windows applications are Windows applications. You can't
*not* implement Win 9x compatibility, as implementing Win32 API for NT will
result in some degree of compatibility with 9x applications.....