[ros-translate] Runing ReactOS using a translation...

João Jerónimo Barata de Oliveira j_j_b_o_j at yahoo.com.br
Tue Dec 20 22:19:48 CET 2005

David Hinz wrote:

> It's easy, you copy the en.rc file of the application, you want to
> translate and rename it, change some things in the new rc-file and
> then finally translate it.

Yes EVERYBODY already knows this!

> The translated strings are compiled into the binary,

Thanks

> the language you want to use can be choosen at setup and later in the
> controlpanel,

Ok. That's all I wanted to know!
And let's suppose I chose "Portuguese (Portugal)" in the list? what
about running non-translated aplications? do they appear in English or
won't they run?

> so basically the languages are all compiled into the binary and later
> selected using a registry key (and a whole bunch of software...).

What registry keys are effectively changed, so?

In windows nobody seems to know how the system works! Registry keys are
dificult to remember (in contrast to /etc/* filenames and syntaxes, in
UNIX)...
But it's the windows architecture... windows was created to work with a
confusing registry so we have to live with it!

João Jerónimo