[ros-translate] several questions

Andreas Bjerkeholt harteex at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 21:40:45 CEST 2005

2) Should I translate texts in "STRINGTABLE DISCARDABLE" ?

Yes

3) At appwiz line 14/16, "Add/Remove" is not suitable, I think.
  This is a button whose functionality is *modify* or remove programs,
  so "Modify/Remove" (or "Change/Remove" etc...) is more suitable.

I think you are right, I will speak with someone about this.

4) In some files (e.g. cpl\nctp, access, sysdm) there is duplication of HotKey.
  For instance, HotKey "U" is used twice in General tab of cpl\nctp.
  Doesn't this cause problems?

Probably a mistake, but I was unable to find that dialog in ReactOS,
it's not completely finished yet (or I just searched bad ;))

5) Is there a policy of changing HotKey?
  HotKey stands for a word in English, not Japanese.
  so some HotKey is hard to use for Japanese, I think.
  If many Japanese (or other non-English user) think "it is better to
change", we can chang
e them?
  Or changing HotKey cause confusion, so it is improper to change?

Feel free to change hotkeys. We do it in the Swedish translation.
For common things like menus etc we try to use the same hotkeys as the
Swedish translation of Windows, and it has changed the hotkeys from
the original english.

6) Why some HotKey of ReactOS are different from those of Windows?
  (e.g. Keyboard tab of cpl\access)

I believe that would be a mistake.

7) reactos/lib/cpl/timedate/Es.rc is empty (0 bytes).
  Is this broken?

That's very strange, that file has been here 8 months and no one has noticed.
I spoke to Greatlord and he has removed it now.

/Harteex