Why do i keep getting logged off???

Suggestions and comments about the ReactOS website

Moderator: Moderator Team

jason.b.c

Why do i keep getting logged off???

Post by jason.b.c »

I'm having this problem where i keep getting logged out of the forum, like when i'm posting a reply, i get done typing and when i click on submit i find out i'm not logged on..! Also why is it that everytime i come in to the forum i'm not automaticaly logged in when i keep setting non-expiring session???

Any suggestions, Help??
Ged
Developer

Post by Ged »

do you have permenant cookies enabed for reactos.org ?
jason.b.c

Post by jason.b.c »

Ged wrote:do you have permenant cookies enabed for reactos.org ?
Yes.! It's still doing it even now, i just had to log in again.

When i signed up for this forum i book marked the home page After i was already logged in and my session was set for "non-expiring session" and the thing at the bottom of the home page was also all set, Then i Bookmarked, after that my browser ( Firefox v1.5.1 ) asked me if i wanted it to remember password for this site and i told it yes. As far as i know, saving the password for a site like this enables/allows the cookies for it..!

I'm at a loss here.??
counting_pine

Post by counting_pine »

Go to Tools, Options, Privacy, Cookies. You'll probably find that it's set to keep cookies until you close Firefox. If you click Exceptions, you should be able to add www.reactos.org to the Allow list, which will make sure it keeps the cookies after Firefox closes.

(I tend to add sites to my Allow list by temporarily changing the "Keep Cookies" option to "ask me every time", and when the cookie prompt comes up, set it to always allow.)

When Firefox offers to remember your password, it just means it will automatically fill in the fields on the login form, but won't automatically sign you in.
jason.b.c

Post by jason.b.c »

counting_pine wrote:Go to Tools, Options, Privacy, Cookies. You'll probably find that it's set to keep cookies until you close Firefox. If you click Exceptions, you should be able to add www.reactos.org to the Allow list, which will make sure it keeps the cookies after Firefox closes.

(I tend to add sites to my Allow list by temporarily changing the "Keep Cookies" option to "ask me every time", and when the cookie prompt comes up, set it to always allow.)

When Firefox offers to remember your password, it just means it will automatically fill in the fields on the login form, but won't automatically sign you in.

Yea see thats what i don't understand because it does sign me in, in the other forums that i'm a member of :cry:

I just checked and www.reactos.org is set to allow, so i don't get it?
jason.b.c

Post by jason.b.c »

:cry: :cry: Dang it, It's still doing it to me..???? :cry: Why??
GreyGhost

Post by GreyGhost »

Considerthis and tell if it is true.
1- U come to the forum and r not looged in...
2- U log in manually.
3- U post and stuff and u r still logged in.
4- u close firefox and when u come back ur are logged out..
jason.b.c

Post by jason.b.c »

GreyGhost wrote:Considerthis and tell if it is true.
1- U come to the forum and r not looged in...
2- U log in manually.
3- U post and stuff and u r still logged in.
4- u close firefox and when u come back ur are logged out..

Answers->

1- Yes,not logged in even if i set non-expiring session :evil:

2- Yes, then i can post. :?

3- Yes, just fine, so long as i'm here. :?

4- not exactly, I'm not closing firefox, just surfing elsewere ( other forums, websites, and so on )
I leave here, come back and i'm not auto logged back in :roll:
frik85
Developer

Post by frik85 »

@jason.b.c:

Please check the browser settings again if you have permanent cookies enabled. It looks like that you have only cookies enabled which get deleted after you close the session/browser client.
Try to use another browser and check if it works with that one; if so, then it is a setting problem in your Firefox.

You can also try to alter your user settings in the myReactOS settings page. ( http://www.reactos.org/roscms/?page=use ... &sec2=edit )
jason.b.c

Post by jason.b.c »

frik85 wrote:@jason.b.c:

Please check the browser settings again if you have permanent cookies enabled. It looks like that you have only cookies enabled which get deleted after you close the session/browser client.
Try to use another browser and check if it works with that one; if so, then it is a setting problem in your Firefox.

You can also try to alter your user settings in the myReactOS settings page. ( http://www.reactos.org/roscms/?page=use ... &sec2=edit )
It looks like that you have only cookies enabled which get deleted after you close the session/browser client.

Yea but like i said, I'm not closing/(shuting down ) my browser, just going to other places on the internet.?? :roll: So i don't understand why i would not still be logged in when i come back..! :?:
jason.b.c

Post by jason.b.c »

Yup it's do'in it to me again..!!!!! :twisted: :evil:
Coviti

Post by Coviti »

Is your computer running Windows, or a Linux Distribution? I had the same problem with my Windows Computer last night, and here's how I solved it.

1. Download CCleaner
2. Go to Cleaner > Windows
3. Click "Run Cleaner"

This solved my problem. If there are certain things in the list on the left that you wish to keep, just clear the checkboxes next to those items.

Note: CCleaner is free of adware, viruses, and spyware, and is distributed as freeware.