Log-in is annoying!

Suggestions and comments about the ReactOS website

Moderator: Moderator Team

Coviti

Log-in is annoying!

Post by Coviti »

I use several different computers, but I can't have more than one logged on at a time, or I have to change my password. This is totally annoying, and I think something should be done to allow multiple log-ins on multiple computers.
ThePhysicist
Developer

Post by ThePhysicist »

I have several Computers, too (Win 2k/XP), I can log on as differnet users or as the same user on all computers. The same password just makes sure I am the same user on all the different PCs. So logging on as MyName:MyPassword on PC1 gives me access to everything I have allowed for MyName:MyPassword on PC2.
On XP, if you want to log on as a second user on the same PC you must have "Fast User switching" enabled. This might only be available for XP Pro and not Home, but I don't know.
Or are you missing terminal services? Windows 2k3 Server! ROS is still Alpha but I'm sure it will be supported in the future.
GvG

Post by GvG »

Coviti, I assume you're talking about logins to the ReactOS website? From the homepage, go to myReactOS/Account/Settings and check "multisession"
Coviti

Okay, ReactOS Log-in

Post by Coviti »

Sorry I wasn't clear about that. Yes, I am referring to the ReactOS website Log-in; I'll try the multisession option and see if that works. Thanks...