frik85
Developer

ReactOS Compatibility Database reached beta status

Post by frik85 »

The ReactOS Compatibility Database reached the "beta" status:

:arrow: http://www.reactos.org/support/

If you want to play a bit around, then please use this "TestApp" sandbox entry:
http://www.reactos.org/support/index.ph ... y&group=32

You can also submit serious data by clicking "Submit Application" in the menubar.

Please read the "Help & FAQ" page for more information:
http://www.reactos.org/support/index.ph ... p&sec=help

If you have suggestions, ideas or if you found glitches, bugs please use this forum thread or bugzilla to report.
GreyGhost

Post by GreyGhost »

Excellent work frik85 .. its cool looking too 8) ....
Now i will probablyy be of more help then i ever was ....(I was never of any help was i now.... anyways ... theres always time for me to start ..)
florian

Post by florian »

Are you going to integrate the compability entries of your personal ROS homepage automatically, Frik85? Or do we have to write those entries ourselves again?
frik85
Developer

Post by frik85 »

florian wrote:Are you going to integrate the compability entries of your personal ROS homepage automatically, Frik85? Or do we have to write those entries ourselves again?
It is not possible to do the import process in an automatic way, sorry. First, I wanted to use the same code base and even the same rating system. Although three different options are to limited and that's why we have now 5 stars.
This means we have to submit the entries by hand. Although, I think we shouldn't use the rating of the old data instead all apps need to be tested again, against ReactOS 0.2.9 and/or the upcoming ReactOS 0.3.

Here is a full list of all apps which are stored in the old compatibility database:
http://reactosde.re.funpic.de/allapplications.php

A lot of apps are listed and this list can be a base for new testings.

Old compatibility data (only for history purpose) should not be submitted to the new database. I will remove the submit pages on the old one and will let it online.
florian

Post by florian »

Thank you for your quick answer and probably the described way is the best solution. I am quiet interested in comparing the old and new compability database after the release of ReactOS 0.3.0!
frik85
Developer

Post by frik85 »

florian wrote:Thank you for your quick answer and probably the described way is the best solution. I am quiet interested in comparing the old and new compability database after the release of ReactOS 0.3.0!
In the previous post I wrote that
[...]old compatibility data not be submitted to the new database[...]
Although, I want to rephrase it to be more clear:
Everyone is welcome to test old ReactOS release versions and submit application test reports. Yesterday, I meant that people shouldn't submit data which is only based on the old compatibility database and without retesting and checking. If someone want to go through the old list and test the applications with old reactos version, we will be happy to have them in the database :D

Note: there is no real need for old compatibility data, so only do that if you have fun with trying out old reactos versions.
florian

Post by florian »

Well, I thought more of regarding the improvements of future ROS-Releases (software A in old database with old ROS not functioning and then yes software A in new database with new ROS 0.3.0 is functioning!).
And at least I am too lazy to retest a software on e.g. ROS 0.2.8 in order to (re)write it for the new database. But maybe I will check my old entries for the new database on the following releases like ROS 0.3.0.

Hopefully I am not starting more mess with that post...
Harteex

Post by Harteex »

I still believe that "no installer" should be marked with no stars instead of 5... it's pretty misleading.

Also, I think that different games such as Quake 1 and Quake 2 are so different that they deserve to be different apps, not just different versions... any opinions on this?

When I click on Quake in the support db I expect to find.. Quake 1... not Quake 2.
Last edited by Harteex on Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
florian

Post by florian »

Quake (1) and Quake 2 should be really regarded as two different games because a version number refers to my mind to patches and updates, e.g. Diablo (1) and Diablo 2 with its patches 1.01 - 1.11 (?)...
frik85
Developer

Post by frik85 »

florian wrote:Quake (1) and Quake 2 should be really regarded as two different games because a version number refers to my mind to patches and updates, e.g. Diablo (1) and Diablo 2 with its patches 1.01 - 1.11 (?)...
I know about that interface "issue". I will improve the interface this weekend ...