Can some Administrator give me accession

Suggestions and comments about the ReactOS website

Moderator: Moderator Team

LMH1

Can some Administrator give me accession

Post by LMH1 »

Hello i have make some html and pictures files to reactos, can be new update to reactos systems and translated myreactos to norwegian.

If some administrator of reactos can give my accession to make the files to reactos server or give me a e-mail adress, so i can give some html and pictures files.

Now have i make pictures of new menu and windows to reactos.
It can be good if they be in reactos.
frik85
Developer

Post by frik85 »

I will upload the lasted version of RosCMS and then you can translate the language template, tomorrow.
Now have i make pictures of new menu and windows to reactos.
It can be good if they be in reactos.
What do you mean exactly? Are you speaking about ReactOS itself or the website?

Do you mean screenshots of ReactOS? You can create a "bug" entry to bugzilla and attach the files (zip archive):
http://www.reactos.org/bugzilla/enter_b ... 20Services

Or you can upload your pics to flickr.com, imageshack.us, or similar and share the links to the files.

I will upload screenshots (or other pictures) then.
LMH1

Post by LMH1 »

frik85 wrote: What do you mean exactly? Are you speaking about ReactOS itself or the website?
Can you update Reactos Server tomorrow so i can see the newest reactos sites in norwegian?
I speaking about Reactos website i have translated and make (some files support javascript and it must be on).
Click here!(Norwegian)
Click here!(English)
Click here!(Norwegian)

If some of this files not legal please tell me and i well delete them soon.
(i can delete them tomorrow if it not legal but i think it ok to show them and maybe use them to reactos.)
I have make some pictures (can be new look to next reactos)
I hope it is ok a add some pictures here!
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
This can be to ReactOS Update
[ external image ]
This can be new ReactOS Install Setup
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Last edited by LMH1 on Fri May 05, 2006 3:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Coviti

Post by Coviti »

IMHO, the only usable design shown would be ReactOS Startup screen. The font is otherwise too big, and the installer just looks too much like a Linux distro. Things just look a little too much like safe mode.

Please remember that this is just my opinion, you can ignore it if you like.
frik85
Developer

Post by frik85 »

Please post design suggestions to the "Design Sub-Forum" next time, this Sub-Forum is for the Website.
When you use imageshack, it provide you a special code which you can copy and paste to the forum text box. Then it will show small preview images (thumbnails) instead of the huge pictures. Please use that next time!

The boot splash screen progress bar is already partly implemented but not activated, afaik.

The goal is to create a full graphical setup and not a full textmode setup. The textmode setup will be available in future as a fallback.

I was today pretty busy with implementing a lot of things to the Support Database. So, I ran out of time and I will do the RosCMS update tomorrow.
LMH1

Post by LMH1 »

frik85 wrote: I was today pretty busy with implementing a lot of things to the Support Database. So, I ran out of time and I will do the RosCMS update tomorrow.
What do you mean exactly with (RosCMS update)?
Mean you use this sites
Click here!(Norwegian)
Click here!(English)
Click here!(Norwegian)
In Reactos Homepage?

It can be good with reactOS Update so reactos user can update ReactOS
or what think you about it frik85?
Remember reactos Update not can update you Reactos right now but i hope some can help me to make reactos update to install updates and make [ external image ] this in Reactos update site if full updates button is pressed before you get a windows with message.
frik85
Developer

Post by frik85 »

LMH1 wrote:What do you mean exactly with (RosCMS update)?
An update of the ReactOS website content management system.

Currently, we do not need a "ReactOS update" button or anything related on the website. Why? Because you cannot update an operating system with a simple HTML page (Microsoft use ActiveX, etc.). And there are some missing kernel functions which prevent updating in ReactOS respectively make it possible.

Please use one of the "Design" forum next time if you want to write about interface and/or design topics!