Vendor E-Mail in Support Database

Suggestions and comments about the ReactOS website

Moderator: Moderator Team

Coviti

Vendor E-Mail in Support Database

Post by Coviti »

The Support databse requires a "Vendor E-Mail" to be entered when adding a new manufacturer. It is very rare that this E-mail address can even be found, and sometimes it doesn't exist at all, and yet it is still required in the submission form. I had to enter a false E-Mail to add Apple Computer to the Manufacturers list, and I don't believe that this field should be required.
frik85
Developer

Re: Vendor E-Mail in Support Database

Post by frik85 »

Coviti wrote:The Support databse requires a "Vendor E-Mail" to be entered when adding a new manufacturer. It is very rare that this E-mail address can even be found, and sometimes it doesn't exist at all, and yet it is still required in the submission form. I had to enter a false E-Mail to add Apple Computer to the Manufacturers list, and I don't believe that this field should be required.
You are sure, the email field should be optional.

btw. I have already changed it in the latest version of the support db and I will upload it in a few minutes.
Matthias

Post by Matthias »

i think that the whole vendor field should be optional, because especially for Open Source projects there often is no vendor in the conventional sense of the word, because they are maintained as a project by the community...
GreyGhost

Post by GreyGhost »

For open source projects it is better to name the project itself as the vendor ..
GreyGhost

Post by GreyGhost »

For open source projects it is better to name the project itself as the vendor .. and i had made frik85 aware of this previously .... (Thanks for fixing it frik85 :D )
AND GREAT WORK ...the new version of the db looks COOL...

sorry for the double post ..