Compability Database - suggestions

Suggestions and comments about the ReactOS website

Moderator: Moderator Team

florian

Post by florian »

Well done! The wizard looks easier than what was before.

As soon as 0.3 is published I will probably recheck my entries of your old ros-fanhomepage on ROS and then try to submit them.

If I would do so now, is it possible to edit the entries, e.g. the information of app X is not functioning in ROS vs. 0.2.9 is rather useless - so I would like to edit then from 0.2.9 to 0.30 and whether it is still not functioning or whether it is.

Probably it is somewhere explained or even self-evident but I am too lazy...
GreyGhost

Post by GreyGhost »

Excellent !! i'll report stuff once 0.3 is released.... cos the SVN just keeps changing....
But yes.... excellent work!!
frik85
Developer

Post by frik85 »

GreyGhost wrote:Excellent !! i'll report stuff once 0.3 is released.... cos the SVN just keeps changing....
But yes.... excellent work!!
It is only possible to submit stable releases (no SVN revisions). You can use 0.2.9 for the meanwhile until july or so.
GreyGhost

Post by GreyGhost »

ahh... i c.... anyways i havent submitted anything yet.... but i willl soon...
Alkali

Post by Alkali »

1. An error: I put application name MediaPortal, for version number 0.2.0.0 rc4, and the database listed it as MediaPortal 0.2.0.0 rc4 version 0. Somthing is wrong.

2. An opinion: The database should allow a user to edit their submitions
frik85
Developer

Post by frik85 »

Alkali wrote:1. An error: I put application name MediaPortal, for version number 0.2.0.0 rc4, and the database listed it as MediaPortal 0.2.0.0 rc4 version 0. Somthing is wrong.
This "version" text will be get removed. It is an internal number to sort the application versions. Support database maintainer can adjust this value.
Alkali wrote:2. An opinion: The database should allow a user to edit their submitions
Sounds reasonable, although in my opinion the write access should be restricted to one day (the day, when the entry got submitted).
Millipedeman

Post by Millipedeman »

Change the link in the left navigation bar from "Support" to "Application Compatibility". When I first visited this site, I wanted to report a problem I was having with ReactOS. So I clicked "Support" on the side thinking I was going to a support forum or whatever that I could get help at. Instead, I got to the application compatibility database.

Short version: When I clicked "Support" on the side, I thought I was actually getting support for ReactOS. Instead, I got the Application Compatibility thing. Change "Support" to "Application Compatibility".

Thank You For Your Time.