Changing language in home page

Suggestions and comments about the ReactOS website

Moderator: Moderator Team

myselfo

Changing language in home page

Post by myselfo »

Hi,

I have my browser configured to English, but today I was accessing ROS site from work, where it's set to Spanish... and argh, the home page appeared translated! I hate it (I always want to read the REAL text, not what a translator understood about it... and I worked myself as a translator, so I know what I mean) and tried to change language to English.

I looked for some kind of little flag, or drop-down list with different languages... but nothing. Then I noticed some links near the bottom of the text, but they didn't work, they were malformed :( I had to manually change the address bar from "es" to "en".

It would be nice if it was easy to switch languages. I understand that making English the default language and then having the possibility to switch to Spanish could be too much... but I wish I could at least switch to the original version of the page with a visible link (maybe a flag icon) that worked ;)

Thanks and keep up the excellent work! I really love ReactOS!
frik85
Developer

Re: Changing language in home page

Post by frik85 »

myselfo wrote:I looked for some kind of little flag, or drop-down list with different languages... but nothing. Then I noticed some links near the bottom of the text, but they didn't work, they were malformed :( I had to manually change the address bar from "es" to "en".
Hmm, there is a drop-down list located at the left side menu bar.

It is has a label "Language" and there you can change the language. (you have to scroll down a bit to see it)

It is on all "main" website pages!
e.g. http://www.reactos.org/xhtml/es/index.html

btw. if you want help to translate website pages to spanish or correct spanish translations, i can give you access to the translation interface ...