Translate site with Translator Interface is problematic

Suggestions and comments about the ReactOS website

Moderator: Moderator Team

LMH1

Translate site with Translator Interface is problematic

Post by LMH1 »

frik85 wrote: The RosCMS double entry is a bug and will be fixed with the upcoming version, next weekend.

Currently, I haven't enabled the languages files for the Compatibility Database. Next weekend, I will publish a sample file and everyone will be able to translate that to his prefered language.

The other things are currently not possible yet, stay tuned.
To frik85 or other administrator
If you mean Compatibility Database can i not see way to translate it?

And i have try to update Norwegian Homepage with new support database link but i it is not easy to do it, i have (sorry save it to German Language and i can not remove this to last version, so please remove my Translating in German Language).
And mozilla firefox 1.5 can not copy text and pictures in Translator Interface - Content, i need to use Internet browser for do this.

It is more easy to use notepad to edit internet sites and upload to server with ftp.
Why can not Reactos use ftp to translate sites to not use Translator Interface - Content becase some have only accession to some reactos sites or some word on site (exemple News on the Norwegian homepage) .
It have be more easy to translate reactos sites to norwegian if i have get ftp adresses and a user name and password to do it and please write a mail to me if it possibility (i need only accession to write reactos in norwegian so you can only give me accession to edit norwegian sites but other language can i have read accession).

If you think why not i write a mail direct to administrator with Private Messages on reactos site in (forum menu) is this becase i not never get answer and i think it not works.

If i select multisession in myReactOS can i not log out, but if i don not select multisession can i not log in with mozilla firefox and log out and then log in with internet explorer i get this why?
Your account settings only allow you to login once.
You are already logged in so you cannot login again.
For more informations please have a look at the FAQ
frik85
Developer

Post by frik85 »

There is no "ReactOS Website Admin" as one person per se.
GvG and I are maintaining the website.

GvG sponsor the web box, keeps several systems up-to-date and wrote the global login system, and several other things.
I am the right contact person for the RosCMS, Support DB, website layout, etc.

I will extended test RosCMS with FF 1.5 and Opera tomorrow evening. It could be a bug lead by the RosCMS update I uploaded yesterday.

Anyway I will fix any found bug.

Additionally, I will add an extra database field, so that every translator can only translate to one language by default (and don't mess other languages by mistake).
And I will change give some users more rights, e.g. each language will get a translation maintainer who will keep the language content clean.

RosCMS is a huge success story from a generally point of view. Sure it is not perfect and here and there are some glitches. But, I will try to improve it with every update.

btw. since yesterday, you can diff two revisions of a content!
Click in the content list page on a revision number in the "Rev." row, then you will be able to select two revisions which you can "diff" (to see the differences). You can even diff two different languages!

We use our own CMS because it is the only way to keep the pages unified, consistent, recoverable, translatable and keeps the server load low (using static pages).
LMH1

Post by LMH1 »

I have translated some sites ( not can be translated in Translator Interface - Content) i think you know where it well be, but i think you not understand the text.

It is in Zip files Click here!

It is new support in norwegian, wiki and forum with norwegian language and my reactos in norwegian.

I hope some administator can add it to norwegian language in reactos norwegian :)
Please add norwegian in support database.