Pages to update?

Suggestions and comments about the ReactOS website

Moderator: Moderator Team

itmozart

Pages to update?

Post by itmozart »

The wiki download page

http://www.reactos.org/wiki/index.php/Download_ReactOS

shows the latest stable version (0.29) and a link to the nigthly builds thread, however in the latter, the nightly builds thread doesn't refer to release candidates download page.

I think the wiki down page should should show the release candidates, or at least they should be shown in the forum thread.

I've seen that many times VMPlayer is referred.
Since a couple of months ago, VMWare Server has been released as free, and it can be used to create/modify and manage virtual machines, so I think it should be pointed out to use VMWare server instead of the Player.

VMWare Reactos image uses old version of vmware, i think the latter should be used (old images can be converted with a click); also a dvd-rom isn't shipped in the virtual machine ;-) i think it should be inserted (in fact, to pass software to test inside the VM, I burn ISOs).

bye
saverio m.
Matthias

Re: Pages to update?

Post by Matthias »

itmozart wrote:VMWare Reactos image uses old version of vmware, i think the latter should be used (old images can be converted with a click);
Why, what's wrong with the older format? Someone might be still running VMware 4.x, they can use the images right now.
frik85
Developer

Re: Pages to update?

Post by frik85 »

itmozart wrote:1.
The wiki download page

http://www.reactos.org/wiki/index.php/Download_ReactOS

shows the latest stable version (0.29) and a link to the nigthly builds thread, however in the latter, the nightly builds thread doesn't refer to release candidates download page.

I think the wiki down page should should show the release candidates, or at least they should be shown in the forum thread.

I've seen that many times VMPlayer is referred.
Since a couple of months ago, VMWare Server has been released as free, and it can be used to create/modify and manage virtual machines, so I think it should be pointed out to use VMWare server instead of the Player.
Every registered user is able to edit wiki content, simply click on "edit" and alter the page content and click "save".
Please help us improve the content, thanks.
itmozart

Post by itmozart »

@frik85

thank you, i didn't knew that. i will put my effort in helping/correcting.

@Matthias

i wrote that just because, since VMWare Server has been released as freeware (and it ships with the VMWare 5 format), people started a mass switching.
however, it's a useless detail. i have to start somewhere, however ;-)

saverio